Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here is a memorable quotes from The Catcher in the Rye.


 I’m standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff—I mean if they’re running and they don’t look where they’re going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That’s all I’d do all day. I’d just be the catcher in the rye and all.


These two quotes are very important to the book. They are important because they reflect of Holden image of innocence. The first quote refers to when Holden is explaining what he wants to do with his life. He says that all he wants to be is the catcher in the rye. To break down this quote is Holden has nothing else he wants to do with his life. He really isn't interested in school and he hasn't thought, even imaged anything he would like to do, except to be the catcher in they rye. He thinks about this concept, in his head he lays out what he would do but figuratively he wants to save children from growing up, in other words, saving their innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment